Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- RT @jrivanob: If you see ICE carrying out a raid, film them. If they ask to be let into your building, don't let them in. If they talk to y… 32 minutes ago
- RT @JoeComrade: Oh shit is that how we’re selling slave labor now? https://t.co/mPLIvpQGGI 37 minutes ago
- RT @majorityfm: Sam Seder SLAMS Donald Trump's Evil Immigration System: youtu.be/3S7X1YIKjWo?a via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- cc. @govphilscott twitter.com/WesternBruce/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @ajmalalami: Imagine being arrogant enough to think that a strong stock market where billionaires gamble on the backs of the poor transl… 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Since I have zero interest in revisiting 1st Samuel whilst there’s so much new awesome stuff coming up, I really doubt I will get back to my chapter-by-chapter exegesis anytime soon. But not to worry! I continue to contribute to … Continue reading
I quite unfortunately stumbled upon Project:The King and I, an atheist-led blog dedicated to a year-long reading of the King James Version for it’s 400th anniversary. I only say “unfortunately” because the reading schedule is fairly intense and I have found … Continue reading
6 Judges now introduces a relatively important character, who will carry us through the next three chapters: Gideon, also known as Jerubbaal. He’s a folk-hero renowned for destroying the altar of Baal, killing lots of Midianites, and having really trippy … Continue reading