Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- I was growing unhappy with the form of the character so I stuck the mesh back into ZBrush and decided to give Deb a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 49 minutes ago
- @AskMrBiggs a wee sieve 3 hours ago
- @Iron_Spike shit I didn't know we could just ask you for a link to all the amazing youtubers you talk about. 4 hours ago
- Children or childrens unknown 4 hours ago
- I say the same thing about "persons" but people keep using it twitter.com/EditorMark/sta… 4 hours ago
Category Archives: Joshua
22 Chapter 22 is a story about centralization of worship. It involves a certain two and a half tribes: the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half of Manasseh. These are the “trans-jordan” tribes, called so because they occupy land east of … Continue reading
9 If you’ve visited the Temple in Jerusalem, you may have noticed a certain group of slaves chopping the wood and drawing the water. These folks are the Gibeonites (aka Hittites), and Chapter 9 of Joshua explains how they became … Continue reading
8 So Joshua and the rest of his gang try, try again and succeed in slaughtering Ai properly, killing all 12,000 citizens, burning it to the ground, and hanging the king. Christ on a cracker, what a bunch of savages. … Continue reading
5 God orders Joshua to hold a circumcision party at Gibeath-haaraloth (or Gilgal.) So Joshua whips out a flint knife and mutilates his men’s penises. The study notes shed some light on this barbaric custom: “Circumcision was primitively a rite … Continue reading