Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- I can't get Quest for Glory to recognize Dvorak keyboard layout help me @GoodOldGames 10 hours ago
- Should I say hey 11 hours ago
- Downloaded Quest for Glory on GOG and then thought to look up an old middle school friend and then realized he got me QFG for my birthday. 11 hours ago
- Shampoo for my real friends, and real poo for my sham friends. 13 hours ago
- see y'all laaaater https://t.co/EtdgGn5tY4 16 hours ago
Category Archives: Joshua
22 Chapter 22 is a story about centralization of worship. It involves a certain two and a half tribes: the Reubenites, the Gadites, and half of Manasseh. These are the “trans-jordan” tribes, called so because they occupy land east of … Continue reading
9 If you’ve visited the Temple in Jerusalem, you may have noticed a certain group of slaves chopping the wood and drawing the water. These folks are the Gibeonites (aka Hittites), and Chapter 9 of Joshua explains how they became … Continue reading
8 So Joshua and the rest of his gang try, try again and succeed in slaughtering Ai properly, killing all 12,000 citizens, burning it to the ground, and hanging the king. Christ on a cracker, what a bunch of savages. … Continue reading
5 God orders Joshua to hold a circumcision party at Gibeath-haaraloth (or Gilgal.) So Joshua whips out a flint knife and mutilates his men’s penises. The study notes shed some light on this barbaric custom: “Circumcision was primitively a rite … Continue reading