Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- Yeah, "guys" developed two gender-neutral usages. twitter.com/GDBooks/status… 22 hours ago
- Also it was actually Flavor Ade twitter.com/joeyalison/sta… 22 hours ago
- O – instagram.com/p/BlWEuMin83i/… 1 day ago
- Wait is Sacha Baron Cohen good now twitter.com/classiclib3ral… 1 day ago
- At the "stuff Sarah Koenig intentionally left out of Serial" section of the book and dammmmnnnnnnnnnnn 1 day ago
Category Archives: 1st Samuel
Probably the most important issue raised by the reading of 1st Samuel is the nature of the relationship between Jonathan, son of Saul, and David, the future King. Some people speculate that there was something “gay” or “super gay” to … Continue reading
1st Samuel 4 So we begin three delightful chapters of Ark-centric mischief. Chapter 4 seems to be intact. It consists of two tales: a war story, and the death of Eli (spoilers). Both are deeply connected to the preceding narrative of … Continue reading