Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- RT @jrivanob: If you see ICE carrying out a raid, film them. If they ask to be let into your building, don't let them in. If they talk to y… 32 minutes ago
- RT @JoeComrade: Oh shit is that how we’re selling slave labor now? https://t.co/mPLIvpQGGI 38 minutes ago
- RT @majorityfm: Sam Seder SLAMS Donald Trump's Evil Immigration System: youtu.be/3S7X1YIKjWo?a via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- cc. @govphilscott twitter.com/WesternBruce/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @ajmalalami: Imagine being arrogant enough to think that a strong stock market where billionaires gamble on the backs of the poor transl… 12 hours ago
Category Archives: 1st Samuel
Probably the most important issue raised by the reading of 1st Samuel is the nature of the relationship between Jonathan, son of Saul, and David, the future King. Some people speculate that there was something “gay” or “super gay” to … Continue reading
1st Samuel 4 So we begin three delightful chapters of Ark-centric mischief. Chapter 4 seems to be intact. It consists of two tales: a war story, and the death of Eli (spoilers). Both are deeply connected to the preceding narrative of … Continue reading