Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- I can't get Quest for Glory to recognize Dvorak keyboard layout help me @GoodOldGames 10 hours ago
- Should I say hey 11 hours ago
- Downloaded Quest for Glory on GOG and then thought to look up an old middle school friend and then realized he got me QFG for my birthday. 11 hours ago
- Shampoo for my real friends, and real poo for my sham friends. 13 hours ago
- see y'all laaaater https://t.co/EtdgGn5tY4 16 hours ago
Category Archives: 1st Samuel
Probably the most important issue raised by the reading of 1st Samuel is the nature of the relationship between Jonathan, son of Saul, and David, the future King. Some people speculate that there was something “gay” or “super gay” to … Continue reading
1st Samuel 4 So we begin three delightful chapters of Ark-centric mischief. Chapter 4 seems to be intact. It consists of two tales: a war story, and the death of Eli (spoilers). Both are deeply connected to the preceding narrative of … Continue reading