Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- good start for *one sitting*. little proportioning and then I'll tackle surly plumber man's head properly. https://t.co/3hcSAheUNw 8 minutes ago
- surly plumber man: trying to do without reference but I literally don't know what a mustache looks like https://t.co/gQBdzN2IHU 51 minutes ago
- but I'm still mad about Bernie twitter.com/JAMyerson/stat… 5 hours ago
- weirdly?? It's NPR twitter.com/JesselynRadack… 6 hours ago
- House bunny tip: elevate their food so they have to look cute eating. instagram.com/p/Baju56BHdqg/ 9 hours ago
Category Archives: 1st Samuel
Probably the most important issue raised by the reading of 1st Samuel is the nature of the relationship between Jonathan, son of Saul, and David, the future King. Some people speculate that there was something “gay” or “super gay” to … Continue reading
1st Samuel 4 So we begin three delightful chapters of Ark-centric mischief. Chapter 4 seems to be intact. It consists of two tales: a war story, and the death of Eli (spoilers). Both are deeply connected to the preceding narrative of … Continue reading