Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- that's what I get for not cleaning my shitass apartment 38 minutes ago
- fucking mortifying 47 minutes ago
- I had time to call a taxi but was too panicked to think to 48 minutes ago
- I fucking lost my car key and am going to miss my bus 1 hour ago
- RT @Undisclosedpod: Gilmor Homes, the housing project where Freddie Gray was killed, is named after a racist Confederate police commissione… 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: April 2011
This is the first in a series of posts about important artefacts/archaeological sites that relate to the historicity of the Bible. I’m not out to “disprove the Bible”, but to explore the complicated relationship between the biblical texts and the archaeological reality. Found … Continue reading
Since I have zero interest in revisiting 1st Samuel whilst there’s so much new awesome stuff coming up, I really doubt I will get back to my chapter-by-chapter exegesis anytime soon. But not to worry! I continue to contribute to … Continue reading