Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- I know this isn't cool but jesus Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks inbred. twitter.com/Playboy/status… 7 minutes ago
- free useful meme https://t.co/H7EtJ4I1FA 36 minutes ago
- Double trouble love their bok choy. (Spoiler: nothing happens they just eat bok choy) instagram.com/p/BV3nW10F02m/ 1 hour ago
- Pretty smart how Israel put a religious symbol on its flag so you can't disrespect the symbol for its nation-state w/out being antisemitic. 8 hours ago
- "Man shall not lay with man like he lays with woman, because men are different, you fuck them differently, duh" --God 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: January 2011
I do not pretend to be an expert of source criticism of the Bible. In truth, I’ve read a couple of books about the Documentary Hypothesis, and not from a wide variety of authors. I have a lot to learn. … Continue reading
I quite unfortunately stumbled upon Project:The King and I, an atheist-led blog dedicated to a year-long reading of the King James Version for it’s 400th anniversary. I only say “unfortunately” because the reading schedule is fairly intense and I have found … Continue reading