Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- RT @jrivanob: If you see ICE carrying out a raid, film them. If they ask to be let into your building, don't let them in. If they talk to y… 33 minutes ago
- RT @JoeComrade: Oh shit is that how we’re selling slave labor now? https://t.co/mPLIvpQGGI 39 minutes ago
- RT @majorityfm: Sam Seder SLAMS Donald Trump's Evil Immigration System: youtu.be/3S7X1YIKjWo?a via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- cc. @govphilscott twitter.com/WesternBruce/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @ajmalalami: Imagine being arrogant enough to think that a strong stock market where billionaires gamble on the backs of the poor transl… 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2010
The last three chapters of Judges all revolve around Gibeah, a town in Benjamin. These chapters are closely interrelated. Chapter 19 is rare in that it consists of a single coherent narrative- I see almost no sign of editing. Chapter … Continue reading
17 The next Judge is… uh… well, nobody. The rest of the Book of Judges is judgeless. They really did forsake Yahweh this time, huh? Chapters 17 and 18 are a weird amalgamation of several stories about Micah the Ephraimite, his nebulously identified priest, … Continue reading