Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- good start for *one sitting*. little proportioning and then I'll tackle surly plumber man's head properly. https://t.co/3hcSAheUNw 10 minutes ago
- surly plumber man: trying to do without reference but I literally don't know what a mustache looks like https://t.co/gQBdzN2IHU 53 minutes ago
- but I'm still mad about Bernie twitter.com/JAMyerson/stat… 5 hours ago
- weirdly?? It's NPR twitter.com/JesselynRadack… 6 hours ago
- House bunny tip: elevate their food so they have to look cute eating. instagram.com/p/Baju56BHdqg/ 9 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2010
The last three chapters of Judges all revolve around Gibeah, a town in Benjamin. These chapters are closely interrelated. Chapter 19 is rare in that it consists of a single coherent narrative- I see almost no sign of editing. Chapter … Continue reading
17 The next Judge is… uh… well, nobody. The rest of the Book of Judges is judgeless. They really did forsake Yahweh this time, huh? Chapters 17 and 18 are a weird amalgamation of several stories about Micah the Ephraimite, his nebulously identified priest, … Continue reading