Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- Yeah, "guys" developed two gender-neutral usages. twitter.com/GDBooks/status… 22 hours ago
- Also it was actually Flavor Ade twitter.com/joeyalison/sta… 22 hours ago
- O – instagram.com/p/BlWEuMin83i/… 1 day ago
- Wait is Sacha Baron Cohen good now twitter.com/classiclib3ral… 1 day ago
- At the "stuff Sarah Koenig intentionally left out of Serial" section of the book and dammmmnnnnnnnnnnn 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Three chapters are devoted to the wild and crazy adventures of the He-Man from Mahaneh-dan. According to the OSE, “modern criticism considers these stories choice examples of early Israelite folklore.” The story of Samson and Delilaha is the most well-known … Continue reading
While I’m finishing the post on Samson, I thought I’d share this very interesting NOVA documentary on Biblical archaeology, the origin of the Israelites, and the Documentary Hypothesis. It has the rather vague title “The Bible’s Buried Secrets.” If you … Continue reading