Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- RT @jrivanob: If you see ICE carrying out a raid, film them. If they ask to be let into your building, don't let them in. If they talk to y… 33 minutes ago
- RT @JoeComrade: Oh shit is that how we’re selling slave labor now? https://t.co/mPLIvpQGGI 39 minutes ago
- RT @majorityfm: Sam Seder SLAMS Donald Trump's Evil Immigration System: youtu.be/3S7X1YIKjWo?a via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- cc. @govphilscott twitter.com/WesternBruce/s… 12 hours ago
- RT @ajmalalami: Imagine being arrogant enough to think that a strong stock market where billionaires gamble on the backs of the poor transl… 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Three chapters are devoted to the wild and crazy adventures of the He-Man from Mahaneh-dan. According to the OSE, “modern criticism considers these stories choice examples of early Israelite folklore.” The story of Samson and Delilaha is the most well-known … Continue reading
While I’m finishing the post on Samson, I thought I’d share this very interesting NOVA documentary on Biblical archaeology, the origin of the Israelites, and the Documentary Hypothesis. It has the rather vague title “The Bible’s Buried Secrets.” If you … Continue reading