Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- that's what I get for not cleaning my shitass apartment 39 minutes ago
- fucking mortifying 48 minutes ago
- I had time to call a taxi but was too panicked to think to 49 minutes ago
- I fucking lost my car key and am going to miss my bus 1 hour ago
- RT @Undisclosedpod: Gilmor Homes, the housing project where Freddie Gray was killed, is named after a racist Confederate police commissione… 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
11 (cont.) I got so bogged down in stupid analyzation in my last post that I didn’t even finish the chapter. There is one section of Jephthah’s story left, and it’s the most well known. (otherwise I’d just get on … Continue reading
11 You probably know the Book of Judges formula by now. Insert “Jephthah the Gileadite” as the savior of Israel, and “Ammonites” as the requisite evil other in need of slaughter. Chapter 11 consists of three sections. I won’t guess about the … Continue reading