Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- I know this isn't cool but jesus Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks inbred. twitter.com/Playboy/status… 10 minutes ago
- free useful meme https://t.co/H7EtJ4I1FA 39 minutes ago
- Double trouble love their bok choy. (Spoiler: nothing happens they just eat bok choy) instagram.com/p/BV3nW10F02m/ 1 hour ago
- Pretty smart how Israel put a religious symbol on its flag so you can't disrespect the symbol for its nation-state w/out being antisemitic. 8 hours ago
- "Man shall not lay with man like he lays with woman, because men are different, you fuck them differently, duh" --God 12 hours ago
Monthly Archives: September 2010
6 Judges now introduces a relatively important character, who will carry us through the next three chapters: Gideon, also known as Jerubbaal. He’s a folk-hero renowned for destroying the altar of Baal, killing lots of Midianites, and having really trippy … Continue reading
4 Judges 4 and 5 both tell the tale of Deborah, Barak, and the assassination of Sisera. Each chapter is a unique take on the same story: the first being prose, the second being poem or song. The tale is set in … Continue reading
1 With Joshua dead (OR IS HE?) the narrative momentarily reverts to the brothers Judah and Simeon. These are classic personified-tribe characters from Genesis. They played a major role in the great Joseph in Egypt story from the 2nd half … Continue reading