Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- Yeah, "guys" developed two gender-neutral usages. twitter.com/GDBooks/status… 22 hours ago
- Also it was actually Flavor Ade twitter.com/joeyalison/sta… 22 hours ago
- O – instagram.com/p/BlWEuMin83i/… 23 hours ago
- Wait is Sacha Baron Cohen good now twitter.com/classiclib3ral… 1 day ago
- At the "stuff Sarah Koenig intentionally left out of Serial" section of the book and dammmmnnnnnnnnnnn 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: September 2010
6 Judges now introduces a relatively important character, who will carry us through the next three chapters: Gideon, also known as Jerubbaal. He’s a folk-hero renowned for destroying the altar of Baal, killing lots of Midianites, and having really trippy … Continue reading
4 Judges 4 and 5 both tell the tale of Deborah, Barak, and the assassination of Sisera. Each chapter is a unique take on the same story: the first being prose, the second being poem or song. The tale is set in … Continue reading
1 With Joshua dead (OR IS HE?) the narrative momentarily reverts to the brothers Judah and Simeon. These are classic personified-tribe characters from Genesis. They played a major role in the great Joseph in Egypt story from the 2nd half … Continue reading