Better Than Esdras is a blog about the Bible. By an atheist. Why would an atheist care about the Bible? Well, because the Bible is pretty awesome.
I'm spending 2011 reading the Bible (not the KJV, sue me) so updates are pretty infrequent.
My next major post will be on the prophets Elijah and Elisha, or maybe some chick named Ḥawwah.
A lot of Sherlock Holmes.
- good start for *one sitting*. little proportioning and then I'll tackle surly plumber man's head properly. https://t.co/3hcSAheUNw 10 minutes ago
- surly plumber man: trying to do without reference but I literally don't know what a mustache looks like https://t.co/gQBdzN2IHU 53 minutes ago
- but I'm still mad about Bernie twitter.com/JAMyerson/stat… 5 hours ago
- weirdly?? It's NPR twitter.com/JesselynRadack… 6 hours ago
- House bunny tip: elevate their food so they have to look cute eating. instagram.com/p/Baju56BHdqg/ 9 hours ago
Monthly Archives: September 2010
6 Judges now introduces a relatively important character, who will carry us through the next three chapters: Gideon, also known as Jerubbaal. He’s a folk-hero renowned for destroying the altar of Baal, killing lots of Midianites, and having really trippy … Continue reading
4 Judges 4 and 5 both tell the tale of Deborah, Barak, and the assassination of Sisera. Each chapter is a unique take on the same story: the first being prose, the second being poem or song. The tale is set in … Continue reading
1 With Joshua dead (OR IS HE?) the narrative momentarily reverts to the brothers Judah and Simeon. These are classic personified-tribe characters from Genesis. They played a major role in the great Joseph in Egypt story from the 2nd half … Continue reading